Join Our Tribe
As one of Namibia’s fastest growing safari operations, we are constantly looking for new talent. Our commitment to deliver truly life-enriching journeys means that we have a continual need for people with the right personality who have passion, innovation, energy, and attention to detail. Whether you are new to tourism or you have already earned your stripes, we will always try to find a place for able and enthusiastic people who are fluent in English, hard-working, reliable and who understand the needs of a service driven industry.
We have already drawn together what we believe to be one of the strongest tribes in the Namibian tourism sector, and we strive to create a caring work place which enriches the lives of our tribe members, and also ensures we have some fun. We embrace cultural and ethnic diversity, and we are proud to have representatives from just about every major ethnic group in Namibia.
Whilst we place very high expectations on our tribe, we believe that it is also important to look after those who are part of it as that in turn ensures that both our guests and our reputation are properly looked after. Here are some of the reasons we think you might want to join us:
Standard packages include
- Salaries that are well above average in the tourism industry.
- A contribution of two thirds of a standard medical aid policy.
- A matched contribution of 6% of salary towards a pension plan.
- A tax deductible housing plan facility.
- Great long service incentives.
- Receive support and encouragement from a group of highly experienced mentors who are amongst the most pro-active and imaginative in the Namibian safari sector.
- Enjoy continuous learning and growth possibilities by being part of our pioneering tribe.
- Take advantage of travel opportunities to gain the necessary experience to sell the best possible life enriching journeys.
- Work in friendly, open plan offices which facilitate a creative environment and encourage a continuous exchange of ideas and experiences.
Healthy lifestyles offer
- Daily neighbourhood walks to get some fresh air, de-stress and enjoy our surroundings. We do this as a tribe EVERY morning!
- “Massage Tuesdays”; the opportunity to enjoy a short de-stressing shoulder, neck and head massage in the office.
- “Wholesome Wednesdays”; which offer a subsidized lunch which is tasty and healthy, to be taken in our kraal.
- “Yoga Thursdays”; enjoy an hour of yoga during working hours.
- “Happy Hour Fridays”; OK, not so healthy, but blow off some steam on a Friday afternoon at our waterhole - and to do that on us.
- Regular lifestyle lectures presented by local experts.
- COMING SOON, an on-site gym with instructor.
- Out of office tribe-building activities and other get togethers.
- Annual family days to get to know each other’s families, the very important people who tolerate and support our fast-paced lifestyles.
Comfort & convenience
- As much freshly ground coffee as you need.
- Unlimited dispensed mineral water, meaning you can avoid Windhoek’s occasionally strange-tasting tap water.
- Location, location, location; our offices are located conveniently in terms of access, almost regardless of where you live in town. We are close to shops, cafes, restaurants and other convenient facilities.
- Shaded and safe parking for your treasured personal vehicle.
- Additional half day off, either on your birthday or on the Friday prior to your birthday.
- Additional half day off the Friday before you take over the office emergency phone for your week on duty – which only happens three or four times a year.
- Full weekends off as the office is officially closed on Saturdays and Sundays
- Access to a full-time trainer for guiding and other operational skills.
- Affiliated to NATH (Namibia Academy for Tourism & Hospitality), so all our training courses are completely accredited.
- Encouragement of continuous learning in the specific skills needed.
- Support and encouragement for furthering education in general.
- If you feel that you can contribute to our efforts in providing Life Enriching Journeys for visitors to Namibia, and you want to become part of our tribe, please send us a motivational introduction, a copy of your latest CV and a picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ultimate Safaris is privileged to be able to operate in pristine wilderness areas. We believe that the future of the environment and the natural inhabitants of these regions lies in the hands of the communities living there, and that this means they must be involved in the custodianship of their surroundings. The Conservation Travel Foundation is Ultimate Safaris’ registered non-profit organisation and it fully supports these ideals.
Rare And Endangered Species Trust
Saving the ‘Forgotten Five’, Africa’s lesser known creatures!
Giraffe Conservation Foundation
Preventing a silent extinction of one of Africa’s most threatened species!
Conserving the world’s largest population of cheetah!
North West Human Wildlife Conflict Management Plan
Finding the balance for the sake man and beast!
Desert Lion Project
Protecting the world’s only growing lion population that lives outside of a National Park!
Rhino Ranger Programme
Empowering communities for conservation through rural employments and training!
Save The Rhino Trust
Conserving Africa’s only free-roaming population of black rhino!
Care for urban orphans in Windhoek, Namibia’s capital city!
Self-help initiative for a marginalized desert community!
Grootberg Primary School
Development of future conservationists by supporting education!
Namib Tsaris Conservancy
Returning the land to nature!
Doro !Nawas Conservancy
Turning the tide on joint venture tourism by improving profits for land custodians!
Conservation Travel impacting on marginalized communities!
Using Conservation Travel partnerships to effect conservation change!
Pack For Conservation
The perfect gift/donation for guests to make when travelling to Namibia!